If you are tired of all the gimmicks claiming to make you healthier and are just looking for a safe method to improve your health and overall well being, it’s time for you to have a look at what aromatherapy oils can do for your health.
The use of aromatherapy oils isn’t new. They have been in use for decades. Aromatherapy oils can be put in a diffuser, used in massage, and applied to on the skin. Aromatherapy oils are extracted from the root, fruit, bark, and flowers of the different plants.
Aromatherapy can help with depression, anxiety, and stress. They can improve your energy levels and help restore you physical and emotional well being. Smell is the first of senses to respond. We are able to distinguish as many as 10,000 different smells. Different smells can trigger different memories. Different aromatherapy oils can be used to create different emotional and physical responses. For example, peppermint aromatherapy oil to aid digestion.
There are oils that are used commonly and there are oils that are not as common. Let’s have a look at some of the ways you can improve your health by choosing the right aromatherapy oils. These three oils are easy to find and can significantly improve your heath.
Lavender Aromatherapy Oil
The health benefits of lavender include:
- The Nervous Center – Relaxing, reduces stress, depression, relieves migraines and headaches, and helps anxiety.
- Pain Relief – Lavender aromatherapy oil is an excellent choice for sore muscles, sprains, and backache.
- Sleep – Lavender induces sleep.
- Respiratory Problems – Lavender is good for colds, flu, asthma, bronchitis, and sinus congestion.
- Immunity – Using lavender regularly can boost your immune system.
Peppermint Aromatherapy Oil
The health benefits of peppermint include:
- Indigestion – Peppermint aids digestion, helps to remove gas, and to increase appetite.
- Nausea and Headaches – Peppermint has long been used to control both nausea and headache.
- Dental – Because peppermint is an antiseptic it can help your gums and teeth, and eliminate bad breath.
- Stress – Peppermint can help to reduce mental exhaustion and refresh you. It can also be used to relieve depression, anxiety, and overall stress.
- IBS – Peppermint relaxes the and therefore it has been proven to help with IBS and associated spasms.
Cinnamon Aromatherapy Oil
- Brain Food – Cinnamon boosts brain activity and improves memory loss. It also removes nervous tension.
- Healing – Cinnamon can be used to stop bleeding.
- Pain – Cinnamon is an anti-inflammatory relieving pain, headache, as well as joint and muscle stiffness.
- Colon Cancer – Cinnamon keeps the colon healthier reducing your risk of colon cancer.
- Blood Circulation – Cinnamon improved blood circulation, which improves available oxygen.
Of course there are plenty of other oils on the market. Don’t be afraid to experiment with the different aromatherapy oils and the way they are used. Information is readily available and the health benefits of aromatherapy oils are endless.